Files ReadMe File
Version 13.00, January 2006
Copyright © 1991–2006 Echelon Corporation
All Rights Reserved
Welcome to Version 13.00 LonMark Resource Files for LonWorks® software products. These files contain all previously released, version 12.00 standard network variable types (SNVTs), standard configuration property types (SCPTs), standard functional profile templates (SFPTs), and enumeration definitions, plus new SNVTs, SCPTs, enumerations, and profile templates, as described in this document. It also contains all of the header files needed to use the new types.
NOTE: The version 13.00 files require version 2.3 or newer of the LONMARK resource file API to read the new type and functional profile files. This API is installed by the Resource Files Installation Program as part of the installation procedure (see 5 Installation for details).
Version 13.00 adds the following functional profiles, which are identical to the combined content of the 12.01 beta and the 12.11 beta with repairs to errors that were found in a few of these profiles in those beta versions. Users of these profiles from the 12.01 beta or the 12.11 beta are encouraged to upgrade to the release version here (13.00):
· Air-Velocity Sensor (1083) - added from 12.01 beta
· Audible Fire Indicator (11006) - added from 12.01 beta
· Automatic Transfer Switch (13120) - added from 12.01 beta
· Chilled Ceiling Controller (8070) - added from 12.01 beta
· Clothes Washer, Domestic (15011) - new
· Defrost Controller (10010) - added from 12.01 beta
· Evaporator Controller (10011) - added from 12.01 beta
· Fire/Smoke Damper Actuator (11001) - added from 12.01 beta
· Frost Sensor (1042) - added from 12.01 beta
· Generator Set (13110) - added from 12.01 beta
· Lighting-Panel Controller (3401) - added from 12.01 beta
· Linear Valve Actuator (8135) - added from 12.01 beta
· Pressure Sensor (1030) - added from 12.01 beta
· Pull-Station Fire Initiator (11005) - added from 12.01 beta
· Railcar Audio Controller (9111) - new
· Railcar Audio Sensor (9112) - new
· Rain Sensor (1051) - added from 12.01 beta
· Refrigeration Thermostat Controller (10012) - added from 12.01 beta
· Roof Top-Unit Controller (8030) - added from 12.01 beta
· Smoke (Conventional) Fire Initiator (11003) - added from 12.01 beta
· Space-Comfort Control Command Module (8090) - added from 12.01 beta
· Sunblind Controller (6111) - new
· Sunblind Actuator (6110) - new
· Thermal Fire Initiator (11004) - added from 12.01 beta
· Thermostat (8060) - added from 12.01 beta
· Unit-Ventilator Controller (8080) - added from 12.01 beta
· Universal Fire Indicator (11011) - added from 12.01 beta
· Universal Fire Initiator (11010) - added from 12.01 beta
· Utility Data-Logger Register (2110) - added from 12.01 beta
· Utility Meter (2201) - new
· Valve Positioner for HVAC Applications (8131) - new
· Visible Fire Indicator (11007) - added from 12.01 beta
Version 13.00 adds the following SCPTs, which are identical to the content of the 12.11 beta with repairs to errors that were found in a few of these SCPTs in the 12.11 beta. Users of these new SCPTs in the 12.11 beta are encouraged to upgrade to the release version here (13.00):
· SCPTactuatorCharacteristic (284)
· SCPTahamApplianceModel (304)
· SCPTclockCalibration (300)
· SCPTcombFlowCharacteristic (287)
· SCPTdefaultSetting (297)
· SCPTdefaultState (295)
· SCPThighLimit1Enable (302)
· SCPThighLimit2Enable (303)
· SCPTidentity (294)
· SCPTlowLimit1Enable (298)
· SCPTlowLimit2Enable (299)
· SCPTneuronId (301)
· SCPTnumDigits (293)
· SCPTnvPriority (296)
· SCPTpulseValue (292)
· SCPTrunTimeAlarm (290)
· SCPTtimePeriod (291)
· SCPTtrnsTblX2 (285)
· SCPTtrnsTblY2 (286)
· SCPTtrnsTblX3 (288)
· SCPTtrnsTblY3 (289)
· SCPTvalveStroke (280)
· SCPTvalveNominalSize (281)
· SCPTvalveKvs (282)
· SCPTvalveType (283)
Version 13.00 adds the following SNVTs, which are identical to the content of the 12.11 beta with repairs to errors that were found in a few of these SNVTs in the 12.11 beta. Users of these new SNVTs in the 12.11 beta are encouraged to upgrade to the release version here (13.00):
· SNVT_clothes_w_a (187)
· SNVT_clothes_w_c (184)
· SNVT_clothes_w_m (185)
· SNVT_clothes_w_s (186)
· SNVT_count_32 (183)
· SNVT_rac_ctrl (181)
· SNVT_rac_req (182)
· SNVT_sec_state (178)
· SNVT_sec_status (179)
· SNVT_sblnd_state (180)
Version 13.00 adds or enhances the following enumeration types, which are identical to the content of the 12.11 beta with repairs to errors that were found in a few of these enumeration types in the 12.11 beta. Users of these new enumeration types in the 12.11 beta are encouraged to upgrade to the release version here (13.00):
· aham_appl_t (67)
· appl_cwc_t (63)
· appl_cwp_t (65)
· appl_cws_t (64)
· appl_rin_t (66)
· device_c_mode_t (44)
· interval_of_month_t (58)
· rail_audio_sensor_type_t (61)
· rail_audio_type_t (62)
· sblnd_cmd_source_t (59)
· sblnd_error_t (60)
· sec_state_t (57)
· sec_status_t (56)
Version 12.01 beta added the following functional profiles, which have been repaired if/where needed in the release version 13.00:
Version 12.00 added the following functional profiles:
· Calendar (6)
· Scheduler (7)
· Elevator Arrival Gong (14013)
· Elevator Direction Lantern (14014)
· Elevator Fire-Systems Port (14041)
· Elevator Hall Lantern (14012)
· Elevator Position Indicator (14011)
· Elevator Voice Announcer (14061)
· Entry-Exit (5051)
Version 12.00 added the following SCPTs:
· SCPTareaDuctHeat (266)
· SCPTeffectivePeriod (272)
· SCPTemergCnfg (258)
· SCPTfanOperation (260)
· SCPTgainVAVHeat (268)
· SCPTmaxFlowUnit (262)
· SCPTminFlowHeatStby (263)
· SCPTminFlowUnit (261)
· SCPTminFlowUnitHeat (270)
· SCPTminFlowUnitStby (264)
· SCPTnomAirFlowHeat (267)
· SCPTnumDampers (269)
· SCPToffsetFlow (265)
· SCPTsafExtCnfg (257)
· SCPTsaturationDelay (271)
· SCPTschedule (274)
· SCPTscheduleDates (273)
· SCPTscheduleName (279)
· SCPTscheduleTimeValue (275)
· SCPTsluiceCnfg (259)
· SCPTvalueDefinition (276)
· SCPTvalueName (277)
· SCPTweeklySchedule (278)
Version 12.00 added the following SNVTs:
· SNVT_date_event (176)
· SNVT_dev_fault (174)
· SNVT_dev_maint (175)
· SNVT_dev_status (173)
· SNVT_ent_opmode (168)
· SNVT_ent_state (169)
· SNVT_ent_status (170)
· SNVT_flow_dir (171)
· SNVT_hvac_satsts (172)
· SNVT_sched_val (177)
Version 12.00 added the following enumeration types:
· days_of_month_t (54)
· device_select_t (50)
· ent_cmd_t (48)
· ent_opmode_cmd_t (47)
· event_mode_type_t (51)
· fan_operation_t (53)
· flow_direction_t (49)
· master_slave_t (52)
· months_t (55)
There are two sets of resource files: The first set contains the standard.typ, standard.fpt, standard.enu, standard.eng, and standard.fmt files. This set is for use with tools that are compatible with LonMark resource files including LNS® tools such as the LonMaker® Integration Tool and LNS DDE Server. These files define standard functional profiles, SNVTs, SCPTs, and standard enumeration types.
The standard.fmt format file conforms to the version 3 specification for format files. The version 3 specification added improved support for language localization.
The second set contains the snvt.typ, snvt.enm, and snvt.fmt files. This set is for use with legacy tools based on the LonManager® API such as LonMaker for DOS. These files only define SNVTs—they do not define SCPTs or SFPTs. Additionally, these files have not been updated since 2003-03 (except to be given common file dates for organizational purposes).
The version 13.00 files include five Adobe Acrobat PDF files that document the LonMark standard types. These files are contained in the Bin folder within the archive file, and will be placed into your LonWorks Bin directory (c:\LonWorks\bin by default). The snvt.pdf file documents standard network variable types. The scpt.pdf file documents standard configuration property types. The enum.pdf file documents standard enumerated types. The snvtscpt.pdf file is a master document with common definitions and links to the first three documents. See the LonMark Web site for functional profile documentation (http://www.lonmark.org/profiles).
An Adobe® Acrobat® Reader is required to view these files. If you do not have a reader, you can download one from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
NOTE: As with version 12.00, the version 13.00 files likewise require version 2.3 or newer of the LONMARK resource file API to read the new type and functional profile files. This API is installed by this Resource Files Installation Program as part of the normal installation procedure. The API is also available as ANSI C source files (read-only access) for porting to platforms other than Microsoft® Windows®.
WARNING: If you reinstall any of the upgraded products at a later time, the reinstallation may overwrite your updated resource files. If this happens, reinstall the updated resource files (this would be a good time for you to check the LonMark Web site at www.lonmark.org to see if you have the latest version of the LonMark resource files). Only older files are overwritten by the LonMarkResourceFiles.exe installer program.
WARNING: It is possible that the format files in this upgrade could cause some tools to report a “Symbol table full” error. You will not see this problem if you are using the LonMaker 3.1 Integration Tool (or newer). If you are using the LonMaker 3 Integration Tool or other tool based on LNS 3, you can fix this problem by installing the latest service pack. Otherwise, this problem can be addressed by removing the formatting of one or more unused SNVTs from these files to reduce the symbol table size. E.g., two possible SNVT formats that you may not be using are the formats for SNVT_time_zone and SNVT_earth_pos. These are complex and therefore use a lot of symbol table space. It is possible that you may need to remove several formats in order to work around this problem. If you have already modified your FMT files, the installer will give you the option of preserving these files so that you can use them in modifying the newly installed versions.
WARNING: The standard.fmt format file conforms with the version 3 specification for format files. The version 3 specification added improved support for language localization. Some tools do not recognize the localized format extensions in version 3 format files such as standard.fmt. If you are using the LonMaker 3 or 3.1 Integration Tool or other tool based on LNS 3, you should not have any problems using the version 3 standard.fmt file. If you are using a tool that does not support the version 3 specification for format files, you can convert version 3 files to version 2 using the FMTconv.exe Format File Conversion Utility available for free download from http://www.lonmark.org/lmrf#FmtConv.
1. Read these steps completely, first; then run the LonMarkResourceFiles1300.exe installation program, choosing the options you prefer when prompted. If you have modified any pre-existing standard format (.fmt) files, allow the installation program to backup/save your FMT files for you.
2. The installer will place the latest versions of snvtscpt.pdf, svnt.pdf, scpt.pdf, and enum.pdf documentation files into your LonWorks Bin directory (C:\LonWorks\Bin by default). These files document the standard network variable and configuration property types. It will also install the API files: lcadrf32.dll, ldrf32r.dll, lcadrf32.inf, and lmresapi.pdf. For convenience, an Internet shortcut is also included in the \bin directory: to the LonMark Resource Report.
3. If a Complete installation is chosen, or if “LonMark Device Developer Files” are chosen in the Custom setup, then the installer will place the latest versions of Neuron C header files into your LonWorks NeuronC\Include folder (C:\LonWorks\NeuronC\Include by default). The complete set of 69 include files, even the ones that have not changed for the last few releases, are included to ensure that you have all the latest LonMark include files in your system. All file times reflect the present version of resource files in 24-hour time: 13:00 (version 13.00).
4. The installer will place standard.eng, standard.enu, standard.fmt, standard.fpt, standard.typ, standard.ver, snvt.enm, snvt.fmt, snvt.tvb, snvt.typ, nb_snvt.fmt, snvtver.exe, mkcat.exe, readme.htm, and spiddata.xml, into the LonWorks Types folder (C:\LonWorks\Types by default). It will also use mkcat.exe to update the ldrf.cat file (or create ldrf.cat, if it does not exist). It will also add an “include” directory to “types” containing lcadrf.h and lcadrfw.h header files. For convenience, two Internet shortcuts are also included in the \types directory: to the LonMark Standard Program ID Master List and to the LonMark Certification Tool.
5. If a Complete installation is chosen, or if “LonMark Start Menu Shortcuts” are chosen in the Custom setup, then the installer will place a “LonMark” program menu in the “All Programs” menu and populate it with links to the Internet shortcuts and PDF documentation.
6. Registry changes include setting the “LonWorks Path” in “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LonWorks”; setting “Install Status” in “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LonMark\LonMarkResourceFiles 13.00”, and clearing any older installation of LonMark Resource Files.
7. Other installation actions ensure that there are no LonMark files misplaced into the System or System32 directories.
8. Upon completion of the installation, if you have any modified .fmt format files that you saved at the beginning of the installation, you can now manually merge your changes into the newly installed .fmt files. The saved files will have a sequentially increasing numeric extension and are located in the “types” directory (e.g., “snvt.fmt.1”).
8. The installation can be uninstalled using “Control Panel” \ “Add or Remove Programs”. Later versions of the Resource Files will install over earlier versions; however, to install an earlier version over a later version, the later version must be uninstalled using the “Add or Remove Programs” control panel. Additionally, any options above that were not selected at the time of installation can be installed from the “Add or Remove Programs” control panel at a later time.
For those companies interested in providing this installer as part of their own installation package, a command-line interface is available to invoke the installer with the user interface (as seen when run normally) or invisibly (not seen by the end user).
Invoke the LonMarkResourceFiles1300.exe with the following switches for the desired installation options.
NOTE: The spaces before and after “ /s ”, “ /v" ” and “ /qn ” are significant and required.
To install with the Developer’s Kit feature:
LonMarkResourceFiles1300.exe /s /v" /qn DEVELOPER=1"
with the user interface:
LonMarkResourceFiles1300.exe /v" DEVELOPER=1"
To install with the Start Menu Shortcuts feature:
LonMarkResourceFiles1300.exe /s /v" /qn SHORTCUTS=1"
with the user interface:
LonMarkResourceFiles1300.exe /v" SHORTCUTS=1"
To install both the Developer’s Kit and Start Menu Shortcuts features:
LonMarkResourceFiles1300.exe /s /v" /qn DEVELOPER=1 SHORTCUTS=1"
with the user interface:
LonMarkResourceFiles1300.exe /v" DEVELOPER=1 SHORTCUTS=1"
Echelon, LonMark, LonWorks, LonBuilder, LonMaker, LonPoint, LonManager, LNS,
LON, NodeBuilder, and Neuron are either registered trademarks or trademarks of
Echelon Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Adobe and Acrobat are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Microsoft, DOS, MS-DOS, and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.